Thursday, July 24, 2008

My New Rice Cooker


A couple weeks ago, Eric and I received a package in the mail. It was a wedding gift from a friend of Eric's father. He sent us a rice cooker! I never thought I needed a rice cooker until a few months ago when I heard about this one.

Our rice cooker is a Zojirushi model. Yes, it's Japanese. The coolest thing is this--it uses "fuzzy logic." That means it changes the temperature automatically in order to cook the perfect rice. It constantly adjusts and then it's done when it sings a song. Really. It plays songs in midi-type format. Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star when it starts and some other song when it's done. It's so cute! And it makes good rice! I'm trying my hand at steel cut oats this morning.

My mother would probably tell me that I'm bringing bad luck upon myself by using a wedding gift before the wedding. But I don't care! I am using it anyway!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to get a rice cooker. lucky! BTW, I nominated you for an award...you can check it out on my blog.

jessy said...

oh man - the wedding is getting so close! i'm so excited for you both! and i would totally use that rice cooker, too! it looks awesome - what a great gift, indeed! :D

Veggie said...

Oh that's so awesome and thanks so much for the award too!

How exciting, I can't wait to see what you make with it.