Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Healthy Eating

I've spent the last four weeks eating healthy. Healthier that I've ever been in my life. I mean when I lost 70 pounds after college with Weight Watchers, I don't think I was eating this healthy! And, it's working. I've lost 10 pounds in 4 weeks.

Preparing healthy foods is not only expensive but it's so time-consuming! I feel like I spend hours in the kitchen everday! In the evenings, I make Eric and I breakfast smoothies and salads to bring to work. I pack healthy snacks that don't come out of a package! Stuff like carrot sticks and hummus and lots of fruit.

On a side-note, I think I've consumed more bananas this week than this guy!

3 comments:

Jesser said...

Such success!! Good for you. I've been plateauing a bit and though I've been exercising like mad the chocolate keeps getting me ... hehe.

Ace said...

It's expensive???

I thought we were eating like this to SAVE money???

Michelle said...

You know at first I thought it was expensive to eat healthy because I was stocking up on so many new items in the pantry. But now I think it's actually quite a bit cheaper because I've stopped eating meat and cheese (maybe $8/lb), and eat a lot more whole grains from the bulk aisle at Whole Foods (99 cents/lb.)!