Friday, June 29, 2007

In Memory of...


My father called me a couple days ago to give me the sad news that a 27 year old female soldier from my hometown was killed in Iraq. I didn't know her but I graduated, and later worked with, her older sister. There are no words to tell how I'm feeling right now. I was home at my parents' today and all over towns are signs, "We love you, Trista" and "We'll miss you, Trista." There was even one with a photo at the vet's office where I took Norton for his shots today. When is this war going to end? It breaks my heart that so many soldiers are losing their lives out there...

Here's a link to a story...

2 comments:

Ace said...

Couldn't even use the story from my affiliate? :(

Nicki said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. It's a senseless tragedy. Those kids are giving the ultimate sacrifice - it's sad that we're taking it.