Monday, October 01, 2007

Why can't we all just be friends?

Eric's boss gave him his Giants tickets for Sunday night since he was going to be away. So off we went Sunday night to Giants Stadium to see the New York Giants play the Philadelphia Eagles. I was excited--my second football game! And both just weeks apart from each other! We had great seats--we were high up but had a great view of the entire field.

And it was a terrific game. I mean, so I've heard. I tried really hard to follow the game. And, I'm trying to understand the game of football. But I was lost for 99% of the game. And, tired too.

What disheartened me about the whole thing was the rivalry between the Giants and the Eagles. I mean a little healthy competition is okay. But I couldn't believe the number of fights between fans and the way that the Giants fans jeered at the Eagles fans. Shouted at them to get out of their stadium.

On the way home, I told Eric that I'm not sure I'd let my kids go to these games if I had them! I mean is this what these fans are teaching their kids? Lets throw punches at your friends who are fans of the other team. Let's curse them out.

Why can't we all just get along?

No comments: