Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Yum Yum

I must say I've managed to impress my taste buds with my cooking skills as of late. A few years ago, I did a lot of Indian cooking--but stopped because it was time-consuming and much work. Well, this weekend, I decided it was time to start preparing Indian food again. Sunday, I payed a visit to Patel's Cash and Carry in Iselin. I bought tons of food for really cheap! I enjoyed my shopping experience there--its really amazing for all of your senses!

Sunday afternoon, I prepared a raita-like salad. It was like yogurt with cucumbers, tomatoes and onions and spices! Yum! Also, fragrant basmati rice and a sambar with okra and cauliflower. Sambar is a thick soup of beans--spicy and yummy! With what I cooked on Sunday, I've had lunch so far every day this week!

Monday night, I decided it was time for some more cooking. This time it was a tomato stew with okra, cauliflower, chilis, spices and panir cheese (farmers cheese, cut into chunks)! Yum!

Last night, I had dinner with my friend, Subash. He cooked dosas (a tangy flatbread) with more sambar (mango!) and coconut chutneys! Iddlis too (steamed balls made similiar to dosas)! Tonight, I'm ordering in Indian with another friend! Anybody game for Indian? I'm happy to make it or eat it anytime!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Marisa.. Thanks for your comments and adding my blog link to yours.
Sambhar with okra and cauliflower, I am impressed. Where did you learn to cook Indian food? From a friend, or on your own?