Friday, July 22, 2005

Feelin' Lucky today!

Okay those of you who spoke to me yesterday know I had a pretty miserable night. It was as if everything that happened this week hit me all at once. But after talking to some good friends last evening and relaxing a bit, I feel pretty good today. So, tomorrow, I am going to Wildwood Crest for six days to vacation with my family. I decided to go to the library this morning to get some reading material for vacation and for the next month of summer. So here is what I borrowed.

1. Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination (renewed)(Helen Fielding)

2. Under the Tuscan Sun (Frances Mayes)

3. The Bean Trees (Barbara Kingsolver)

So I check out my books and pay my overdue fees and notice there is a book sale today. $1 for a bag of books. So I take a bag and start filling it up with tons of kids books for school. Most of the other books are old or just not really of interest to me. But then I come across a couple good ones. One that I already have but will give it to a friend who doesn't (In her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner--excellent read!) The other is a book I've been wanting to buy but is currently only available in hardcover because its pretty new. Well, the library was giving away the free advance copy they'd received. So I'm really excited about that one. Its called Chloe does Yale and is a Sex in the City type book on the campus of Yale. Should be a fun summer read!

No comments: