Sunday, August 14, 2005

My (un)eventful Saturday Night

Last night, I went out for a yummy Thai meal at Royal Thai with my brother and fiance and a couple of their friends. Afterwards, I rented a couple of movies--Bride and Prejudice and the Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.

Under just about any circumstances, I would not have sat at home by myself on a Saturday night. But these were my choices for entertainment. A) I could have went fishing on the docks of Carteret? Besides the fact that I am a vegetarian, fishing in Carteret? I'd probably get shot! It ain't happening! B) Take a train into New York and go to the Hard Rock Cafe. That option did sound like fun, but I just didn't have the energy.

So, Norton and I watched Bride and Prejudice last night. It was really a fantastic movie. Its by the director of Bend it like Beckham (another superb film), and its a modern retelling of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Its Bollywood style with lots of song and dance but its all in English. A must see!

1 comment:

rebecca said...

marisa, it's so funny that a) your last two posts have mentioned movies that I love! and b) I had recently been talking about them with some other folks on the web.

I love how great films, books, ideas...recirculate on the web every so often!