Thursday, August 04, 2005

Yay for the Matrix!

Well, en route from Wildwood last Friday, my reverse stopped functioning on my car. Kind of an important feature, I would say. So on Tuesday, my repair guy gave me the sad news that, alas, my trusty old Saturn would need a new transmission. With the miles I put on that baby, it just would not be worth fixing it.

So yesterday, the car shopping began, first with internet research and then visiting car dealerships. I first had my heart set on the Ford Escape or Pontiac Vibe. After checking out a few vehicles, I opted against large SUVS because of their poor mileage efficiency (and I commute many miles to work!) and higher price tag. I test drove the Toyota Matrix last night, which is basically the Japanese version of the Vibe, and fell in love with it. So today, after visiting several dealerships to get the right price, I purchased (well, financed) my very own 2005 silver Toyota Matrix. I am very excited about all the features on this baby (my old car didn't even have power locks). It is a 4 wheel drive with a moonroof, 6 cd changer with 6 speakers, fog lamps, cruise control, keyless entry, alarm system, and extended warranty. Its a great car and I'm sure Norton will love it! Yay!

1 comment:

Miss President said...

Congrats on the new ride! Sounds great - can't wait to see it! :)